Friday, October 25, 2019

Feeling a Tad Slimmer, a Tad Less Tired, and a Tad Less Pain in the Knees

Yesterday I had a vegetable smoothie and fruit smoothie for lunch, then for dinner a salad with....left over tri-tip steak, very little. Remember, I'm not going vegan anymore as that was 10 years ago when I started this blog, rather, just trying to eat a nutrient dense meal.

And no alcohol the last two days.

This morning was a physical - a new GP at Mt. Sinai. Both my wife and I went. When the blood tests come back I'll be able to see where I am -- at least as far as cholesterol and liver enzymes compared to where I was 10 years ago, and after my Vegan Quest.

The good news is that I lost 7 lbs last week.  Not terribly difficult for someone my girth since I reigned in the booze, and ate more healthfully.....note: I don't eat unhealthy per se in that I am not feasting on pizza, burgers and fried foods.  It's just that I probably intake way too many carbs.  If a nutritionist viewed my diet the last 3 months they wouldn't go, "Oh, that's awful." They would probably say, not bad, but cut out so much rice and pasta and other carbs, and for heaven's sake stop drinking so regularly.

My blood pressure was an exceptional 115/75 and the doctor, seeing that I am very overweight was shocked. He actually tested it again.

I stopped off for breakfast at The Herald and had some non-very-good oatmeal, and two poached eggs for no good reason, nor were they very good.

Simply eating healthier the last few days, and laying off the drink, I feel a little better, less pain in the knees, not hungry or wanting, and determined to continue to make a change in my life.

Just finished a salad for lunch and a smoothie.

Will await the blood tests....

No comments: