Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 1...Again

Last night I saw "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead," and I was greatly moved. The film maker, Joe Cross, was so much like me it was eery - he focused all his attention on bad food and booze. He is a few inches shorter than me, but was just over 300 lbs when he started his quest, and like me had a stomach that was 53 inches around! AND, he filmed himself for the sake of a documentary, and used Dr. Fuhrman!













Needless to say it was a terrific motivator, and I think I am going to try to juice and fast more to jump start my quest back to my goal!

My review will be in the next post.

Last night I went to the gym after work - worked up a good sweat (not hard to do with my current condition), went to see the film, and then later met friends to watch the basketball game. Well, I was not perfect in a bar watching the NCAA Championship but my excuse (there always is one) is that a buddy is going through a divorce, it was also the last night of these guys favorite bar which is closing, and there were about 7 friends all gathered around. In short, they needed Terrence 1.0 and I did not disappoint. No matter, I knew it was a last hurrah for me. Terrence 2.0 is back.

Today, a bit if apple, banana and some nuts for breakfast, a large salad with avocado, asparagus, and some tuna sashimi for lunch, and after work I went to the gym for a bit. Dinner was a few slices of watermelon, and large handful of pistachio nuts (too large I assume), and a delicious fruit smoothie with apples, bananas, and frozen raspberries. I also weighed myself, and that is why I am burying the headline here, I have let forty pounds slip back on me after triumphantly losing sixty. My belly is back to forty-eight inches around, up from forty-three.

I know what I have to do. Now, I am doing it!

You know, I feel better just writing about this again - I feel more in control again!

No comments: