Friday, October 15, 2010

Inspiration

So, this week has been incredibly busy and I have simply had no time to write!

Really the highlights has been the moderation I have exhibited. One night I went to a rambunctious fundraiser with all my friends and sipped two cups of beer through the night and had a great time. Another is when I sat in a French café on a first date and talked for three hours over one, just one glass of wine. This is huge for me because I kept thinking that in the bad old days I would have ordered some pate' and cheese, downed a bunch of cocktails , and while glassy-eyed try to pitch woo. Those days are dead.

Food wise it was not a vegan week, and I even had some sausage in this pasta dish I had, but the thing is that I really didn't enjoy it. I really love the way I am living -- really, really love it. But, yes, I have some work to do to get to my optimal weight. Pretty much harder and stricter exercise will complete this mission!

I will say that I got terrific inspiration this week from a fabulous new show on Broadway called "Lombardi." It is a portrait of the great Green Bay Packers coach, Vince Lombardi. No one motivated like Lombardi, and after watching this play I was glassy-eyed alright - because I was so moved! The acting is sure to win the Tony Award. Amazing!

Lombardi is famous for countless quotes (and having the Super Bowl trophy named after him!), but here is just a few to take with you into the weekend:

"Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit."


"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."


"Success demands singleness of purpose."


"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will."


"The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender."

1 comment:

Vegan Epicurean said...

Great Lombardi quotes! Some of them I haven't heard before but I enjoyed all the ones you chose.

hope you are having a good weekend,
Ali