Thursday, September 30, 2010

Feed a Cold, Starve a Fever

My cold caught up with me and I was bed-ridden today. I missed art class last night. But I was terrifically hungry. I had corn flakes with almond milk for breakfast. The only reason for the corn flakes is because they are a classic, and has less calories than so many of the expensive new "healthy" cereals.  Plus, they are doing a new ad campaign in newspapers with reproduced print ads from 1916 featuring my favorite illustrator, J.C. Leyendecker.  I'm a sucker for nostalgia.

For lunch I went to the Soup Man for some delicious lentil, and mushroom barley. Then dinner was a falafal sandwich and more Turkish lentil soup.

Also, I made a blueberry smoothie - nothing added, just frozen blueberries, a banana and some almond milk. Oh, and I munched on a couple of large nectarines.

Plus, some serious napping during the day from the cold medicine.

4 comments:

Vegan Epicurean said...

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I hope the cold goes away soon.

Ali

Trish said...

Aww! Hope you feel better soon! There's a lot of garbage going around and its hit my house as well. Just keep eating healthy and those nutrients ought to kick the bug right out of ya!!

Trish

LOLA said...

Try making shiitake mushroom, and ginger soup when you are ill. Shiitakes have legendary healing powers for your immunity, as they have been used for thousands of years as medicine by the Chinese. Try my Wiki Shitake soup, just leave out the scallops & use mushroom or veggie broth instead of chicken. This recipe is very quick, easy, yummy, and best of all, healing! :)
http://loladeecooks.blogspot.com/2010/08/wiki-shitake-mushroom-scallop-soup.html

Terrence said...

Lola - brilliant recipe, thank you!