Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Back to Good

Today was a little like my first week - I had urges at every turn. But I ignored them all.

Once I let the old lifestyle in, and then cut it off, my body was a little out of whack and I had stronger urges for unhealthy food. So, I need to retrain my mind a bit - not much, but a bit, and that is why it is safer if I stick to a vegan, or close to vegan diet until I lose the weight.

Today was the standard fair for me  - oatmeal for breakfast, a salad for lunch, and dinner was a blueberries and banana smoothie (nothing else goes into the blender), and the worse thing I had was water crackers and humus.

4 comments:

Randy Uselton said...

Hang in there Terrence. I think a weekly game plan is a good idea. Keep on...

Vegan Epicurean said...

Congratulations! If water crackers and hummus were the worst of it you had a great day. ;-)

When we "fell off the vegan wagon" it took a while for the cravings to go away. But they will disappear again.

Ali

Terrence said...

Thanks Randy and Ali!

Carol said...

You're certainly not alone with the cravings thing. I still crave (and occasionally cave) a 'proper' pizza even thought i know one made without cheese tastes just as good really (it's psychological).