Thursday, December 24, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS!








And Happy Christmas to my friends in the UK! And Happy Boxing Day - do you wish people Happy Boxing Day?

I have my Vbites Roast Turkey, and after my successful Vegan Thanksgiving I am in no worries for the Christmas meal!

Quick Re-Cap:

Last night I had this bizarre need for something really sweet. I basically drink nothing but water, and tea, with the odd decaf coffee, but last night I had this totally crazy desire for grape soda! I felt very tired (did 30 minutes of cardio yesterday), and my body was shaking a bit until I had my grape soda - I don't think I have had a grape soda since 1979! Anyway, I got my fix and I stopped shivering like a Heroin addict. Breakfast and lunch were the same (not bored yet) and for dinner I had hummus and falafel.

Very happy it is Christmas! I remember telling myself on marathon Sunday, Nov. 1st that if this vegan thing is too unbearable, I will at least do it until Christmas! Not nearly as difficult as I imagined it would be! Some days were tough, but overall, it went well and I am not worried about making it another 4 1/2 months until I lose the 75 lbs! Plus, I feel so much better after these past 7 weeks. I can't believe I am spending Christmas as a vegan!

As my friends and relatives ask me how they can accommodate the crushing burden of my disruptive, and eye-roll inducing new diet, I assured them not to worry.

"Are you serving vegetables? Good." I have my vegan roast, I am dynamite! All is well!

It is funny how people apply the brakes to such a blessed event as Christmas when they know a vegan is in the midst, when, in reality, we enjoy Christmas every bit as the next person with some minor modifications.

So, a very Merry Christmas to all!

Terrence

No comments: