Thursday, December 31, 2009

Soup's On!




My fridge is stocked, albeit quite unevenly, with vegan food from VBites and what is quickly becoming my favorite are the soups!

My first soup was given to me by Heather and it had no label on it. It was a spicy, Indian influenced soup that was vegetable based and was superb!

Tonight I had the VBites Beef Style Stroganoff. I also had a bag of soy-based "beef" to add to the pieces already in the soup mix. It is absurdly easy to make - tear a slice in the bag, put it in the microwave for 3 minutes and it is ready.

After heating up the Beef Style Stroganoff I realized that I should have had some rice or pasta to pour it over. I was watching an excellent movie, "The Sand Pebbles" with Steve McQueen. I was dying for some rice, too! But the Beef Style Stroganoff was great just on it's own!

Speaking of desires, this morning I was at my diner for my daily oatmeal and raisins, but the waffles and syrup were jumping off the menu. It took a minute, and some discipline to order the oatmeal. I mentioned my quandary to the waitress and she said that the waffles are made from a powder not eggs, but I know me, and I would have over-indulged on the syrup. Oatmeal it was! But I splurged and had oatmeal, raisins, AND banana!

I popped over to Barnes and Noble afterwards and saw the large display of new diet and nutrition books ready for the onslaught of New Year's Eve resolutions.

There is so much information out there on diets and nutrition that people are bound to be confused.

What I have learned in these past two months that seemed to have flown by is that there are no short cuts, no quick fixes to weight loss, but it is not hard, not hard at all -- all it takes is common sense and some discipline.

No comments: