Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thurs. Blues




Today I felt no different than the past 10 years. I went to Wolfgang's Steakhouse with my friend. She had a scotch and a thick slice of bacon. I had seltzer and steamed asparagus. The guy next to us had a sizzling porterhouse, and creamed spinach.

Every smell from every plate other than mine I craved. I wanted to sink my teeth into every piece of meat I saw. I wanted to crawl into every glass in the room and happily imbibe.

I saw a recent picture of me someone posted on facebook - I looked over weight (well I am) even though I am 35 lbs lighter than I was 2 1/2 months ago.

Today, I was not happy. Today was the first time I worried that at the end of this vegan quest I will go back to over indulgence. Today was not a good day.

3 comments:

marcie said...

Hey! Don't let this difficult day break your momentum. You're doing great, looking great and feeling great! You can do this!!

Terrence said...

Thanks Marcie! Trust me, I am not giving up! It was just one day - heck, I remember someone telling me in 4th Grade, "You can do this" when I had trouble in school and she did it in such a dedicated and loving way that I breezed through to 5th Grade. It was obviously that great teacher, and your mom, Mrs. Weaver! God bless her soul.

marcie said...

That was a gift to read. Thank you! She would be so proud of you!