Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Biggest Loser


Stomach pains are long gone, but my strained muscle in my lower back still bothers me.

Breakfast was fruit and oatmeal. Lunch, I met my old boss down at The Coffee Shop for my favorite vegan wrap. However, I was more conscious of the salad dressing - not sure if there was just too much today, or that I am becoming so adverse to anything but the tiniest amount of dressing, if at all.

I went to the gym after work, but only did 25 minutes of cardio and some curls and arm presses.

For dinner I had a small whole wheat tortilla with homemade guacamole (just avocado, lime juice, and tomatoes)and black beans. Also had broccoli, carrots, zucchini, and squash and hummus.

Tonight I watched The Biggest Loser for maybe the 3rd time since it went on the air years ago. Although I think the effort to move the story along and create fictional drama through "immunity challenges" and "alliances" are absurd, there is real drama in what these people are feeling as they inch back to a normal and healthy life. I think that one guy lost 100 lbs in 7 weeks which is incredible, but he started off at 500 lbs.

If the show motivates more people to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle than that is awesome. But, if people just look at these morbidly obese people, feel sorry for them, and do nothing about it since they are a mere 20 lbs overweight than the show serves only as a carnival sideshow.

I can't help but feel for those people who are so obese, but I really don't feel sorry for them since they are doing great things to lose the weight, and extend their life.

Today I asked friends to forward any pictures of me from last Summer at the beach house. In a word, it was revolting. How the hell did I get that big? Scratch that, I know how I got that big, the real question is why. I'm still figuring that out. I will post these embarrassing photos when I can take some "after" pics...maybe when I am out in LA next week.

No comments: