Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday Musings

Some passing thoughts on this Friday afternoon:


I. There was a recall of 380 Million eggs because of an outbreak of Salmonella. As someone who ate eggs daily, and had an atomic cholesterol-inducing predilection for hard boiled, soft boiled, over easy, and scrambled, I find this very interesting. So, today, now that I have no interest in the them anymore (although I do think eggs still taste good), it was a relief to not have to worry about whether my breakfast was tainted or not.


II. Professional football player Max Jean-Gilles was 400 lbs. This year he underwent lap-band surgery and lost 50 lbs. I am not a doctor, but I think lap-band surgery would be risky for a professional athlete. I just read that he seems to be fine, however, he has had a hard time keeping the appropriate amount of fluids in his now tiny stomach and did faint once during practice. I think it is a shame that he got to such a place to think that surgery was the best route for him. Max plays for the hapless Philadelphia Eagles...OK, cheap shot coming from a Giants fan - apologies to my friends (and newest family member!) in the City of Brotherly Love... and his season ended in January of this year. So Max had 6 months before training camp to lose weight - I lost 60 lbs in 6 months, Max Jean-Gilles underwent serious surgery to lose 50 lbs and he still has some complications. So, if I could put forth my opinion -- I strongly think he would have been better off losing the weight naturally.

III. I am very happy to post this link here since I was profiled on AOL's That's Fit section of the website:


2 comments:

oceankisses said...

Discovered you on my AOL and sent the link to that article and your blog to my sister. We have both struggled with weight problems. I like it that you have had such success but didn't "forget" your struggle by telling us how easy it was. I think any diet change is going to be an effort. I'm glad you have been honest about yours. Thank you! I'm inspired.

Terrence said...

Ocean - Thanks so much!