Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pump You Up

When I am in eating routine, no matter how humdrum and repetitive (breakfast: oatmeal, Lunch salad, repeat) I am not hungry – I get some licorice urges some afternoons – but not hunger. Without hunger I am less likely to act on a myriad of food urges.

Today I skipped breakfast because of an early morning meeting in New Jersey. For lunch I acted on my desire for edamame, miso, salad, and a vegetable roll with brown rice.

For dinner I decided to try out health food chain Pump Energy Food. It is a basic take-out place where you order your own salads or wraps. I had a wrap with tofu, mushrooms, lentils, humus, and tomatoes. It was really good. I prefer the vegan wrap at the Coffee Shop more, however. I also ordered a blackberry, strawberry, raspberry smoothie – how the hell do you screw that up? It tasted awful! It must be the quality of the fruit, or something, but it was not good.

Today at my meeting my clients who I have not seen in a year stopped me and mid-presentation and said, “You lost weight.” “Yes, I did.” I continued on my presentation and interrupted again, “No, like a lot!”

I’ll be honest, that never gets old!

3 comments:

Vegan Epicurean said...

Good for you on the compliment in the middle of your presentation. They really never do get old do they?

How do you mess up a smoothie?

Alicia

Terrence said...

The ingredients for salad and sandwiches looked quite fresh. But the smoothie sucked because either it was too much soy milk, or bad fruit, or both.

Naina said...

Congrats! Compliments never get old. :)

Since I was 119 lbs at the start of "Eat to live" the only comment I get is........your too skinny! I now weight 110 lbs.
I am 5'3" and a 1/2 inches tall.

It always makes me feel defensive.
My family treats me like I have an eating disorder.

That is why I am often reading like minded blogs. I need the support.