Thursday, November 5, 2009

And on the 5th Day, Nothing of Significance Happened


Feeling lighter, not really looking it, but feel better. Generally healthier.

For Breakfast: Oatmeal & raisins

For Lunch: I went to the Coffee Shop in Union Square. The Coffee Shop is known for waitresses who are budding models, thus the service is often abysmal. However, I ordered the Vegan Wrap off the menu and it was, I have to say, pretty damn good! It was a whole wheat tortilla wrap with grilled tofu, sliced zucchini, summer squash, and tomato, and a side salad. I was full, I was happy, and it was tasty. Can't say much more than that! Very good lunch!

My snack during the day was OK. I got a package of Roasted Edamame with wasabi. It has the edamame taste, but only briefly - it was dried and crunchy. The wasabi spice added a nice kick but over-all it was bland, but healthy, and I had no problem munching on it.

Tonight I made some guacamole with fresh avocado and tomato, cilantro, onion, lime juice. OK, to be honest I took a short cut. The previous items in italics I found in a jar of Green Mountain Gringo Salsa - the freshest, and most tasty mass quantity salsa I've ever tasted. I mixed together and put on a whole wheat pita.

Settling in with Dr. Fuhrman's book "Eat to Live" for the evening.

PS - Greatly appreciate the fantastic emails, Facebook notes, and messages on the blog! I'm truly moved by so much support and cheering on in this endeavor. I've received so many "proud of you's" that I am beginning to feel like some morbidly obese person and Richard Simmons will be showing up at my apt. door with a bouquet of balloons, followed by the fire department with a chain saw to widen my front door!

Oh, no, I feel I tirade coming on! Stay tuned...

No comments: